The company currently known as Garden State Security Group (GSSG) was started in 1994 as “Cati-com Systems” by Christopher Ginchereau and wife, Christina Ginchereau (Cati-com systems was an acronym for ‘C’ cable, ‘A’ alarm, ‘T’ telephone, and ‘I’ inter-com). After working in the cable industry for nearly ten years, Chris started GSSG because he was fascinated by the newly-up-and-coming security industry and wanted to be his own boss.
Garden State Security Group LLC was founded in the Spring of 2003, and over the next decade, Cati-com systems would be slowly transitioned into the new company. For decades, Chris was a one-man show; he prided himself in personal face-to-face interactions with his customers, having a “do it right the first time” mentality, and leaving a lasting impression on people and prompting a recommendation to friends and family. His approach worked... very well. In all its years, GSSG has gained nearly every single one of its customers through the kind recommendations of people who were completely satisfied with GSSG’s service. We brag about that all the time because our mission as a company has been and always will be the complete satisfaction of the customer.
In recent years, Chris’s two sons, Justin and Josh‒who grew up working in security and learning from their dad about the trade, business, and people‒have taken a more prominent role in the daily operations of GSSG. Justin is our Chief Technician who combines his obsession for technology with his technical networking background to lead the field staff of GSSG to performing excellent installations, using the most state-of-the-art technology, and ensuring the highest level of customer satisfaction in the field. Just like Dad. Josh, using his formal training in the sciences and mathematics, has taken over the business managerial role within the company‒from analyzing and optimizing processes to streamline the customer experience, to ushering the face of GSSG into the modern age (something Dad is not too good at!!).
- Superior customer satisfaction and loyalty - Since its inception in 1994, Garden State Security Group has always strived to foster flourishing relationships with its customers.
- A positive work environment - We heavily invest in our most valuable asset: our employees. Work-life-balance, strong and positive work relationships, and encouraging time off are just a few of the ways we do this.
- Innovation in a fast-paced industry - Good enough is not good enough. We constantly strive to improve our service in every way.
- Thorough and integrity-driven installations and services - Anything worth doing is worth doing right….the first time.
- Exceeding Expectations - We always go above and beyond expectations for our customers--because it is the right thing to do.